Thursday, September 23, 2010

Overcoming the World – DDJ #4

1 John 5:5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Every day has it’s battles where the world tries to drag me under. This is why I need to commit each day to Him so that I know every morning that “This is the day the Lord has made;” (Psalms 118:24a) and I shall rejoice in that instead of allowing the world to drag me down, planting seeds that blossom into bitterness, complaining and discontent. Jesus overcame this world and that thought needs to remain ever-present in my mind so that when the attacks do come, I can focus not on them, reacting from my sinful nature, but on Jesus so I know His grace is sufficient to guide me through all troubles.

Father God,
Your light shines through even the deepest darkness and brings with it a pure love unlike anything I’ve ever known in this world.

I admit there are far too many times I lose focus and forget the light is there. This is when I stumble and when I fall and often cause others to go down with me. Please forgive me, Father.

Thank you so much for continuing to shine that light and continuing to remind me of its presence, even when I feel as if my whole world is nothing but darkness. I know on my own I’m totally unworthy of such love, but thanks to you offering your one and only son to die for my ongoing sin-life, I can embrace that love as a birthright that no one can take away from me as long as I don’t forget it’s there.

Please continue to shield my heart and mind, Father. Continue to transform me into the man you designed me to be. And on this day, the second birthday of the beautiful son you blessed us with, please make sure that love shines through every nook and cranny in our lives, Father, so that at no single instant we could possibly lose sight of your light.

Thank you, Father. I pray all these things in your Son’s holy name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment