Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Christian Perfection - DDJ #2

My father sent me a really nice leather-bound daily devotional journal for my birthday last week. Andrew Murray, a pastor I wasn’t previously familiar with, authors the devotionals. My father asked me to do the journal with him each day, which will be our first ever Father/Son experience (odd to have that at 42 years old), and then email them to one another. Since I have to type it up after writing it, I figure I might as well post it here as well.
The devotional for yesterday revolved around Hebrews 13:20-21.

May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

This passage reminds me of a saying Darius Sanders, the Youth Pastor at Palm Valley Church is fond of, and one I love now as well after seeing it manifest in my life more than once.

“Where God guides, God provides.”

I love how true that saying really is. While I may not have felt equipped to become a pastor, God led me that way and as soon as I ‘overcame my unbelief’ and followed that leading, God set to work building the foundation within me to do just that.

“With man this is impossible, with God all things are possible.” – Matthew 19:26

So, I want to encourage you today to never feel as if you cannot do something if God is trying to move you to it. If He can transform a wretch like me into what I’ve become, He can do anything. But you have to let Him move you. Once you do, move you He will…

No comments:

Post a Comment