Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Not Sinning – DDJ #3

But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him. – 1 John 3:5-6

While this verse assures us we can be sin free, I don’t know that I’ll ever be 100% free from sin as long as my spirit is anchored to this weak flesh. However, I do fully believe that by focusing on God and growing every day to become more Christ-like I can minimize my sinful nature and make it a non-factor in the wake I leave through the waters of this world.

Father God,
Thank you for loving a broken, wretched soul like me.
Please help me remain focused on You at all times, so that I might continue to grow into the man You designed me to be – sin free.

In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment