Sunday, February 28, 2010

Love

Matthew 22:36-37 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’”

Since the topic of love was brought up by Pässion last time, I thought I’d take a few minutes to really reflect on it.

Love is really the greatest thing God ever created, if you ask me. Love is a vehicle for blessings, good tidings, smiles, warmth of spirit, charity and millions of other positive things.

Love makes us feel secure, welcome, comfortable and content.

Love heals, helps and humbles in order to bring hope and happiness.

Love is unconditional.

Love absorbs anger and reflects compassion.

Love drives one person to help another.

Love feeds and clothes starving children.

Love drowns the fire of sin.

Love wins.

Love is why God designed us. To engage fully in a loving relationship with Him and as a love conduit from Him to one another.

I’ve known all these things for years now, yet I still falter and fail to show God’s love to others all too often. God blessed me with His love, so that I could be a blessing to others. I make a concerted effort to use the talent he gave me to be a blessing to others. I do the same with the treasure He bestows upon me. And, I try to use my time for blessing others as well. If I can do those things, why then, should I not realize it’s never okay to horde His love?

Are you showing love today? Not just to your family and friends, but to the person who cut you off in traffic? The one who fired insults your way? The one who is too broken to realize their actions hurt you? Even the ones who do realize they’re hurting others and continue to do so anyway… Jesus never told us to sit in judgment over who deserves God’s love, he told us to love our neighbor as we do ourselves.

I encourage all who are reading these words to do one thing completely out of pure love today. Not expecting anything in return, but simply in order to fulfill a small moment of your destiny by letting God’s greatest creation flow through you and all over someone else. Show someone else what it means to be loved by God. If you don’t know how, simply ask Him for the opportunity, you may be surprised at how fast He will grant that request.

No comments:

Post a Comment