Monday, November 30, 2009

Follow Jesus in ALL Areas of Your Life

While Greg Rohlinger at Palm Valley Church will always be my favorite Pastor, Eagle Brooks' own Jason Anderson is rapidly cementing his place as my second favorite. So, you can imagine I was pretty happy to see Jason take the stage for last weekend's service, kicking off the Overcome series.

While Jason had a lot of great things to say, as always, the one bit that really hit me like a Mack truck was this comment:

Follow Jesus in all areas of your life.

Now, since I've heard this statement more times than I can count, it might seem odd that it would impact me so deeply this week. But, for those of you playing along at home, you know my November devotional was for guidance, and I'd yet to find a real answer for this query.

So, when Jason said those words, I had one of those "duh!" moments where the overly obvious slapped me upside the head and it got me thinking. If I really want guidance, then I need to follow Jesus in ALL areas of my life. In order to do that, however, I need to identify what "all areas of my life" really means.

So, Angie and I are going to make a list of every area of ours lives. For me, there's Husband and Father, to writer, to bread winner, to caretaker of my body, to son of the Father. And, we won't just stop there. Once we're through, we should have a solid grasp on where we really need guidance, not just a vague, generalized idea. And, once we have that, we're going to set live New Year's resolutions to follow Jesus in all those areas.

I encourage you to do the same.

Another thing about this that gets me pumped up is the impact it will have on the novel I'm currently laying the groundwork for: The Owners Manual for a Christian Life. But, that's merely a byproduct and not the real goal. The real goal: becoming the person Jesus designed us to be.

Now, time to get started.

Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment